Schwarzschild Jewelers in Richmond, VA and Charlottesville, VA
Sales Associates report to Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers and contribute to revenue and profit of Schwarzschild stores by providing excellent customer service, cultivating record setting personal sales, building long term client relationships, developing respectful and harmonious working relations, safeguarding customers’ repairs and store’s assets, and conducting themselves in a polish, professional manner.
- Learn and effectively use relationship selling skills (RSS) and product knowledge to achieve sales per hour and other KPIs appropriate for hourly rate and acceptable for volume and potential of store(s). Use classes, store meetings and trainings provided by upper level management to become an expert.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers using our client development program including, but not limited, to building rapport, gathering customer information (birthdays, anniversaries, email addresses, wishlists, etc.), sending personal thank you notes, making follow up calls and texts.
- Take in and process customers’ repairs, follow-up in a timely manner and collect proper dollar amount.
- Stay sales focused throughout the day by promptly helping walk-in traffic, working client book daily and assisting other associates.
- Operate POS and process cash, credit card, store account charges and checks and all types of return transactions accurately.
- Accurately complete special orders and maintain record in CRM.
- Verify credit information for prospective customers.
- Keep up with changes and additions in store policies and procedures.
- Handle customers’ repairs with utmost care including louping rings, checking diamonds for authenticity and plotting on repair tickets, properly valuing repairs, etc.
- Enthusiastically promote events in store and set up appointments.
- Carry out assigned or delegated non selling tasks promptly and in accordance with company policy. Safeguard and check-in all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Participate in and prepare for store meetings and work with manager on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to improve selling skills through practice.
-Maintain cleanliness of store (vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning bathrooms as assigned)
-Maintain stock display in assigned area that meets company and brand standards of a luxury jewelry store, clean jewelry (manually and with pressurized steam cleaner and ultrasonic unit containing ammonia solution).
-Assist in preparing for and taking store inventories.
-Assist in opening and closing of store as scheduled.
-Carry out other responsibilities and action required tasks as requested and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
-Become proficient in gift wrapping customer gifts to company standards.
-Proficient in small jewelry repair such as watch sizing, etc.